Hall Hire Costs
Any day of the week, any time of day and include heating, kitchen, utensils and facilities. The charges are as follows:-
|£8 per hour||Private Hire Calvert Green / Calvert Residents (i.e. parties)*|
|£10 per hour||Groups, Clubs and Business Rate*|
|£12 per hour||Non-residents rate (all types of hire)*|
|£5 per hour||Badminton **|
Hiring times should include set up and clear away time as needed and will be charged at the relevant rate.
* £100 surity to be paid within 7 days of the booking.
** Bookings for Badminton will only be taken 7 days in advance. No regular bookings available.
Want to book the hall?.....here’s what to do.
- Check availability on the calendar
- Remember to give yourself time to set up for your event and build in enough time to clear away and clean afterwards. This time DOES need to be booked.
- Send an email to the bookings clerk stating the following;
- Full name
- Date you wish to book
- Time you need the hall from and to (remembering to build in setting up/clearing away)
- Full address
- Contact telephone number
Then what happens?
- You will receive an email back confirming the date, time, details of where to collect the key and the cost of your booking.
How do I pay?
- Please pay by cash or cheque within 7 days of receiving your confirmation email, made payable to ‘Calvert Green Community Assoc’ or ‘CGCA’. A chq for £100 is also required as a surity, which is not returned if the hall is not left as expected (please see details in FAQ’s)
Does the hall have a kitchen?
Yes, there is a small kitchen with kettle, urn, electric oven & hob, microwave and fridge/freezer. Use of crockery and glassware is included in the hall hire.
Is the hall large enough to fit in a bouncy castle?
Yes! It measures approximately 18 x 8 metres and the ceiling height is just over 5 metres.
Are there facilities for the disabled?
Yes, all doors open wide enough for wheelchair access and there is a disabled WC. The hall itself is accessed by a ramp.
What is the hall capacity?
120 standing and 80 seated.
Use of chairs, tables (which seat 6) as well as small chairs & tables for young children (which seat 6) are all included in the hire fee.
When and where can I collect the keys?
Key information will be provided by the booking clerk prior to the hiring date.
Is there heating in the hall?
Yes, heating is by means of walls heaters located around the hall. Please ensure these are ALL switched off at the end of your hire.
What is expected of the hirer?
We respectfully ask that upon leaving the hall you please make sure the following has been done;
- Chairs are stacked at the back of the hall to a maximum height of 8.
- If you have used the large blue mat, please ensure this is secured safely in an upright position behind the stacked chairs.
- All tables used are wiped clean and put away in the cupboard.
- The hall floor must be swept using the blue ‘V’ mop (this can be found in the cupboard near the disabled toilet) Please brush off this mop into a bin after use.
- If necessary, please mop the floor.
- All kitchen utensils used must be washed, dried and put away.
- Empty the bin and replace bin liner (under sink)
- Close the hatch doors from the kitchen to the hall.
- Make sure the boiler and the urn are switched off.
- Turn all lights off
- Turn all heaters off
- Empty the fridge of all your items
- Please sweep the kitchen, toilet and lobby floor
- Leave the toilets in a condition that you would like to find them (this includes replacing any toilet rolls you have emptied please!)